11 / 11 / 11 11 : 11 : 11
Posted by Darryl Schoeman
What will you be doing? Personally, I’ll be blinking and breathing, but most likely eating something. But there are some, who will at that very moment in time, at 11 seconds past 11 minutes past 11 o’clock on Friday the 11th day of the 11th month of 2011, be doing a whole lot more than just merely living.
According to a newspaper article that I read, some will be waiting for some sort of mystical opening to occur between this world and … well something else. The challenge for these folks of course is which 11:11:11 11/11/11 is the one that is going to be the “correct” one that leads to the portal’s opening? Is it 11:11:11 11/11/11 South African time or London time? What about 11:11:11 11/11/11 New York Time? Or Australian time? The bigger question of course is how do they know this? And, who told the portal – does IT know it’s supposed to be opening? Was it a sense of reason, peace, or hype, that made them conclude this? My only comment is, “Mmmm!! Interesting.”
Then there are others who believe that the human race is going to undergo a mystical awakening (change of consciousness) of some sort, and so have agreed to sit down at 11:11:11 11/11/11 GMT wherever they are physically in the world, and focus their collective energies into … … well again I don’t really know what. They believe that somehow, the repetition of the number 1 (or 11) has the power, means, or ability to make the human race be different. Call me a sceptic, party pooper, or downright dooms day prophet, but it just ain’t gonna happen.
The plain and simple reason is that it’s just another day, hour, minute, second. And it’ll be over in the blink of an eye. And the caterpillars in my son’s ice-cream container will continue eating at the leaves that we are feeding them.
Now it IS true that one day a portal will be opening up between this world and the spiritual world, and Jesus will descend from Heaven with His angels, to usher in the beginning of eternity (see 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). But that day is not going to be 11:11:11 11/11/11. How do I know? Well, if Jesus doesn’t even know when it’s going to be (See Mark 13:32-33), then I somehow doubt that God is going to make us know when that day and hour is going to be.
And another thing! You don’t have to wait for 11:11:11 11/11/11 – be it this century (2011) or the next (3011) – to sit down and meditate so that humanity can be changed. You can start right now. All you have to do is read the Bible and pray. Psalm 1 says that when we meditate (prayerfully ponder) on the Word of God, then we become firm and strong and rooted like trees, and we bear much fruit, prospering in everything that we do. I guarantee you that if you are bearing fruit, then people are going to want to partake of it. And when that happens, humanity is being changed for the good.
So don’t waste your time meditating on a number (and thereby making an idol of it). Read God’s Word and pray. And then be the consciousness change that God wants you to be.
my name is darryl
and this is what I have to say
Newspaper article from The Mercury, Tuesday 8 November 2011, front page
Scripture References (New King James Version)
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
(16) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. (17) Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
(32) “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (33) Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.
(1) Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; (2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. (3) He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. (4) The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. (5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. (6) For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Darryl SchoemanMy Personal Life : challenge leads to thought and thought leads to change More than the Apostle Paul, I can say that I am the chief of sinners (really really really). But I love God and I love the Bible. So I try to live my life with the constant realisation that God is PERMANENTLY with me (yes even when I sin), and seek His presence in everything that I do (except when I sin) and in everything that happens. I share this with others so that they too can believe it and then seek to live it.
Posted on November 9, 2011, in Christianity, In The News, Religion and tagged humanism, meditating, mysticism, numerology, portals, praying, second coming. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on 11 / 11 / 11 11 : 11 : 11.
Comments are closed.